Will County Real Estate Tax Bills are issued each year in May, with installment due dates typically in June and September. When any portion of any installment goes unpaid, it may be subject to be sold to a third-party investor. This process is known as the Tax Sale.
FIND MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SOLD TAXES
Use the link below to get information about a specific sold tax balance.
Click below for detailed instructions for using the Inquiry.
Instructions for Checking My Sold Taxes
MAKE A PAYMENT ON SOLD TAXES
A property owner or their representative can redeem the balance of sold taxes by making payment to the Will County Clerk’s Office.
- Payments must be made in full. State law prohibits the office from accepting partial payments.
- Payment may only be made by certified funds. Payment options are limited to:
o Certified Check
o Cashier’s Check
o Money Order
- Checks or Money Orders should be made payable to the Will County Clerk.
- The PIN for the property should be written on the check.
Payments can be made in person or by mail:
Will County Clerk’s Office
Attn: Tax Redemption
302 N. Chicago St.
Joliet, IL 60432
- The deadline to pay the Total Amount Due is listed within the Inquiry for each specific year of sold taxes.
- Payments must be received in-office by 4:30 p.m. the day before any interest rate change to avoid additional interest charges.
- Payments made on or near the Last Day to Redeem must be made:
o In person at the Will County Clerk’s Office or by courier, FedEx, UPS or other similar service no later than
4:30 p.m. of the Last Day to Redeem.
o By U.S. mail, postmarked no later than the day before the Last Day to Redeem.
INTEREST AND FEES
Sold tax balances are subject to various scheduled interest accruals and statutory fees from the time the taxes are first sold through the Last Day to Redeem. Click below for a more detailed breakdown of potential changes to balance due.
Changes To Balance Due
ORDER A CERTIFIED STATEMENT OF A SOLD TAX BALANCE
A Certified Statement may be requested by some entities to release funds for payment, by title companies for closings, or for certain legal situations. Click below to access the Certified Statement order form.
ANNUAL LIST OF PARECELS SOLD AT TAX SALE
Click below for online records from the 2015 Tax Year to Present.
Annual List of Parcels Sold at Tax Sale
MONTHLY REDEMPTION REPORT FOR TAX BUYERS
Redemption reports are posted within the first week of each month for the prior month’s redeemed balances. Click below to for those reports.
Monthly Redemption Reports for Tax Buyers
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
- Property Tax Code: 35 ILCS 200 – ilga.gov
- Current Real Estate Tax Bill Information – willcountytreasurer.com
- Tax Buyer Registration – willcountytreasurer.com/tax-buyer-registration-form/
- Assessment & Exemption Questions – willcountysoa.com
- Deeds & Other Recorded Documents – willcountyrecorder.com
- Permits, Zoning, Ordinances & Code Enforcement – willcountylanduse.com
For more information on Tax Redemption email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (815) 740-4615.